Welcome

My name is Josh and I am a student at the Robert J. Lister Academy. My mission in this class is to go to Monteverde, Costa Rica to study the native plant and wildlife. The reason I want to study those subjects is because I have always been interested in foreign countries and nature. I also want to study the geographical terrain for my future plans of joining the military when I am of age. We need to raise about $1,800 per person to be able to go. We have done alot of hard work already. This is not a vacation - this is a learning opportunity of a lifetime. We have a class we are taking and we will be studying topics like the economy, ecology, world affairs, etc. Another reason I want to go is because I have never left the country. This will change my life to be exposed to a new culture besides here in America. The reason it will be a life changing experience is because most people do not get the chance to leave the country, and I could be one of them. I also want to see what it is like in a country without a military, unlike America. In a place like America, everywhere you look there is some type of military image. I want to see how the people of Costa Rica live without a military. In Costa Rica, I will study hard, and make the best of the time spent there.



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Looking Back At Raking

Now that we have finished raking, it seems as if it was worth it all. We ended up hauling a lot of leaves (as you can tell from the pictures). The person in the black shirt is Winston Poindexter, and the person in the middle of the picture wearing a brown jacket is me (Joshua Goodin). When we were hauling the leaves to the dump site we were having some difficulties pulling the tarp loads of leaves due to the weight of all the leaves. we did jobs in Portsmouth NH, local jobs in Maine, and one job in Rindge NH.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE CALLED
THE LISTER LEAF BUSTERS .

During the course of time we were raking, I have gotten better at dealing with problems on the job by putting them aside till after the job. I also learned how to judge the best place to start on a job and what equipment to utilize at that location.

We would like to thank everyone who supported us so far. We hope you will continue to support us in the future.

We would also like to thank Mr.Joe Arnstein of Portsmouth NH, and who is also a teacher at the Portsmouth High School.

Thank You

Joshua Goodin and the rest of the Costa Rica Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment